The process of creating a VillageTown
Obviously a VillageTown is a big project and it will use the best professionals that can be found to assure the job is done on schedule, on budget and without chaos. However, while the professionals are essential, it is of the utmost importance that the VillageTown is built on a strong foundation. This includes:
• SELF: Self-creating, self-organizing, self-funding, self-supporting, self-sustaining, self-correcting, self-replicating
• POWER: Purchasing power, creative power & implementation power enable people to build their own VillageTown
• PROCESS: People first, then the locale (host jurisdiction) and finally find the right land
• LIFE: Beauty, authenticity and character is paramount; you're building for life.
Three stages of development:
Stage 1. Preparation
The development process involves several groups:
• The Village Coordinators set the theme for each village; its special character... the look, feel, the distinctive details.
• The VillageTown Organizing Company sets in place all the development elements required for the planning stage.
• At the end of this stage, interested people opt in commit, qualify for participation in Dynamic Engagement.
Stage 2. Planning
The organizing company:
• sets the effects-based standards for sustainable development.
• invites the future residents and the host jurisdiction to join the Dynamic Engagement Planning process
• orders the large scale production tooling and prepare building materials and methods
• puts in place the construction/mortgage funding required to proceed to Stage Three.
Stage 3. Building
Goal: build within 12 months. Yes, you did read this one right. Learn why and how here.
To explore how you can become involved and start the process of living in your own VillageTown, turn to the next page.