The elements are listed below. To learn more, click its link
- A VillageTown is a town made of villages.
- It is a complete community for people of all ages and from all walks of life
- Families find a community that fulfills their needs and provides for the aspirations
- A safe place to raise children: Children can learn independence and autonomy
- Teens have a safe, inspiring place to grow into adulthood, finding their purpose
- Young Adults transitioning to independence have housing and first-job support.
- Single adults have community designed for their different needs and aspirations
- Baby Boomers nearing eldership have options in a VillageTown not offered elsewhere
- Old people, the elders have lifetime security with several stages of support
- A culturally & socially enriched place to live
- Artist guild halls provide workspace and free-base homes for the Creative Class
- Classrooms on the plazas: A functional, effective, learning educational environment
- Critical mass of population required for local economy and social stimulation
- Restoring the single town-country local economy: When local farmers feed the townfolk
- A more de-monetized society (it's cheaper to save a dollar than earn one)
- Pricing homes to buyer's budgets and requirements
- Parallel market affordable housing is provided in a way that is non-bureaucratic
- 150 Acre Urban Core with 20 villages and a commercial town center
- 50 Acre walk-to Industrial Park
- 300 Acre greenbelt, surrounding the urban core giving a real connection to nature
- Alfresco plazas: the stage upon which public life is enjoyed
- A walking-home range eliminates the need for driving to accomplish daily chores
- No cars within the urban core is safer, quieter, more sustainable, saves millions
- No outbound commuters, no adverse impact on the neighbors and surrounding region.
- Human-scaled streets: design streets for people, not machines
- Non-combustible construction mean no design by fire truck
- Attached soundproof housing: reconnecting community while saving energy
- No sprawl: once it is built, there is no further development or expansion
On the next page, let's explore how a VillageTown is created.