2012: The time is now... Your first steps toward creating your VillageTown
Step one - Learn: (It's not complicated, but it is different)
The VillageTown idea emerged from a process that challenges every presumption about building communities. For this reason, there is a learning process. It's not difficult, but you need to learn more to avoid confusing a VillageTown with something else. Best if you start with this detailed link on the structure and process. The web pages and videos can provide you with a certain amount of information, particularly when you use all the hyperlinks to access more details. But it would be unlikely that you will understand the VillageTown's important differences from the web pages alone. To fully understand we provide three books:
- Start: VillageTowns - the next step goes into the details you will need to know to move forward.
- Next: Life Liberty Happiness. A fast read, tells what it is like to visit a VillageTown and meet its people.
- Then: How to Build a VillageTown. A big book with over 400 color photographs; great as a cafe copy or gift.
Step two - Enrol: (An expression of interest)
When you feel that this is for you sign up and tell us where you want to live. At this point you are expressing your interest - not making a financial commitment. This helps to point the Stewards in the right direction.
Step three - Participate: (Spread the word)
Help us reach critical mass for the first VillageTown by spreading the word.
The word is VillageTown. The idea behind the word is unlike anything being built today.
Spread the word by:
- Emailing this web site now
- Using Facebook to send a link now.
- Buying the books, read & share them, write Cafe Copy on the front & leave them at your favorite cafe.
- Starting a Village Circle - passionate volunteers who want to see a VillageTown happen in their region.
Next: Where are we looking to do the first VillageTowns? Click for the next page.